The Team Jackulator Forums The Soundboards
Pages: 12
The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: July 16, 2007, 11:40:52 pm
The file is almost 19Mb, so my apologies to any of you on dial-up. Also, I have to locate the original fla file to remove the coding that prevents it from working unless it's run from within jackulator.com, at which time you will be able to just download it and run it from your hard drive. But until then, you'll have to load it from the site every time you want to use it, which isn't too bad considering that on broadband it only takes around 90 seconds. There is a glitch on the board though - if you click the page forward button past page 6, you have to refresh your browser to get back to the board... Another reason I have to locate the fla file.

Anyway, below is the information you'll need to access the board. Please don't share it with anyone.

url: www.jackulator.com/ORIGINAL/SundayMay22.swf
username: access
password: granted

enjoy:) I expect to see some calls popping up in the Member Pranks section very soon!
The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: July 22, 2007, 05:27:55 pm
has anyone tried to use this board for any calls yet?
The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: cjcdrums Date: July 22, 2007, 08:51:10 pm
Yes I have, but I admit I never got very fluid with it, the pages system is hard for me to get used to. I can never remember which clips are where in time to say the best thing.

The clips are great though!
The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: July 22, 2007, 09:01:59 pm
my recommendation would be to invite a friend over that likes to laugh - pick up a twelve-pack and go to town for about 6 hours - that's how we did it haha
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: colonel or sir Date: June 13, 2009, 09:38:40 pm
Quote from: cjcdrums on July 22, 2007, 08:51:10 pm
Yes I have, but I admit I never got very fluid with it, the pages system is hard for me to get used to. I can never remember which clips are where in time to say the best thing.

I think that maybe an alphabetical arrangement might be helpful for the more random phrases, like "you've got bigger fish to fry," which could be arranged under fish or f. I wonder what type of arrangement they use in the 9000; it speaks more fluent english than i do
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: June 13, 2009, 10:37:11 pm
yeah it's a constant struggle to figure out how to categorize clips - you don't want to have to rely on remember exactly what a clip is named, so making alphebetizing the board is out

and you often want to find a very specific clip, so randomizing all the sections is out

our design is probably not the best way to combine all the aspects of a huge board with thousands of clips, but as you know it's effective enough

I have several ideas for how to improve the board - and from time to time I implement them and see how they work - but the design we've got now is what we've settled on - I've got a video of the Hybrid 4 on youtube if you want to check it out
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: StuckInTheDitch Date: June 13, 2009, 10:43:13 pm
Quote from: colonel or sir on June 13, 2009, 09:38:40 pm

I think that maybe an alphabetical arrangement might be helpful for the more random phrases, like "you've got bigger fish to fry," which could be arranged under fish or f. I wonder what type of arrangement they use in the 9000; it speaks more fluent english than i do

on the big boards there's categories for "statements" questions and other stuff its much better organized. If you were prank calling I would try to get to the boards on level 2. Even those are organized very well (and even those are big compared to other sites)
Is that enough promoting Jackulator?  cheesy
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: June 13, 2009, 11:59:19 pm
haha - no way - promote all you want
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: johnnygonzo777 Date: June 16, 2010, 12:13:56 pm
What the hell is "concurrent download limit exceeded" and why the hell do I keep seeing it? It was working this morning, but when I'm ready to make some calls this shit starts up.
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: June 16, 2010, 01:00:31 pm
Quote from: johnnygonzo777 on June 16, 2010, 12:13:56 pm
What the hell is "concurrent download limit exceeded" and why the hell do I keep seeing it? It was working this morning, but when I'm ready to make some calls this shit starts up.

that's weird... I was using the Opera browser, and I clicked the link for the board to open in a new window and got that message (that until now I've never seen) and so I switched to Internet Explorer and it worked fine, so I came back to Opera and it worked

no clue why it would happen
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: johnnygonzo777 Date: June 16, 2010, 03:51:00 pm
I'm using Safari. Would that have anything to do with it?
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: June 16, 2010, 11:14:26 pm
Quote from: johnnygonzo777 on June 16, 2010, 03:51:00 pm
I'm using Safari. Would that have anything to do with it?

it's possible -- I've  never used Safari - but I do know that since I started using Opera there is a variety of things I can't do with it that I can do with IE and Firefox, so yeah I'd try one of those
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: johnnygonzo777 Date: June 22, 2010, 12:19:25 am
No no no no no, mmm mmm. No IE for me. Like a cheap hooker, you'll get nothing but viruses from it  tongue. Firefox is pretty reliable.

Oh, by the way its working now, I still the concurrent download bullshit occasionally, still have no idea what the hell it means.  rolleyes
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: jackulator Date: June 22, 2010, 07:42:19 am
it's gotta be some artifact of non-IE/FF

P.S. I like your 'this is bat country' muppet sig pic haha  grin
Re: The Original Jackboard - high quality version By: marleycake44420 Date: July 22, 2010, 09:06:18 am
its awesome! im gonna have to get use to it but great  smiley